how to breathe
Deep breathing is one of the best ways to lower stress in the body. This is because when you breathe deeply, it sends a message to your brain to calm down and relax.
Those things that happen when you are stressed, such as breathing from the chest leading to an increased heart rate, fast breathing, and high blood pressure, all decrease as you breathe deeply to relax.
Did you know?
The heart sends more information to the brain than vice versa, the electromagnetic field of the heart being about 60 times more powerful than the brains. The signals sent from the heart to the brain can regulate our emotional experience. Consequently, our heart rhythm is directly influenced by how we feel.
- Pick-up a cardiac coherence video on Youtube (many options offered).
- Find your own rhythm to “inhale and exhale” if the rhythm shown in the video is too quick for you.
- Start tapping on each side of your fingers.
- Inhale through the nose: imagine taking in any positive thought, emotion, a goal that you want to achieve and would like to truly embrace and imprint.
- Exhale through the mouth: imagine this time evacuating any negative thought, memory, limiting belief that you no longer want in your life and are ready to let go.